Exhibitions: Planning, Support and Organisation
Exhibitions are a substantial investment for any company so if you are going to attend an exhibition it’s critical you get it right. Is it the right exhibition for your organisation? Are your customers or potential customers going to be there? Once you’ve made that decision, plan and think about your communications and marketing effort.
Here are some of our top tips:
- Put someone in charge of the whole event – there’s a lot of detail to think about, from electricians, furniture, health and safety certificates, leaflet ordering, exhibition stands, someone has to take charge and delegate…
- Deadlines – work backwards from the event and make sure your suppliers know when you need everything – posters, leaflets, business cards, brochures, stands, pull ups etc – and build them into your plan.
- Remember why you are there – decide early on what you want from an event, have a set of goals clearly mapped out and ensure everyone involved knows what you want to achieve. It may be lead generation, feedback for a new product or increasing brand awareness. Whatever you decide, develop your plan around achieving those goals.
- Be consistent – develop a theme and stick to it. Everything should be consistent with your brand and look professional, but don’t be afraid to think outside of the box – be creative and stand out from the crowd!
- Give away or not to give away? – there’s an argument that freebies are a waste of time and money and don’t really work. Every exhibitor will be vying for attention – will a free pen really make your company stand out from the crowd? Try attracting attention with a game that fits in with your theme.
- Planning – plan every detail, right down to how you are going to follow up your leads and manage the work after the event.
- Never underestimate the time involved – don’t forget to account for the time in your calculations. Exhibitions can eat up a lot of your team’s time, and this should be accounted for.
Fig Creative can guide you through the experience, from generating campaign ideas, theme and messaging to designing and printing your marketing literature, business cards and promotional gifts. We’ll also design and produce your exhibition stands. Take a look at some examples in our exhibition portfolio >
To discuss your forthcoming event or exhibition give Fig Creative a call on 01457 857111.